Local band, Zitakula joined So Dam Local to talk about their debut EP release and launch party at Cafe Cox later in the week. And we liked their track Polyrhytmo so much we asked them if we could use it for our So Dam Local theme tune from now on. (They said “Ja, ‘tuurljk!”)
Mark Oomen (alto sax) and Pieter Wolter (bass guitar) talked parakeets, how a nine-piece band writes their songs, their band space in Amsterdam Noord and the energy behind their music.
Zitakula EP Launch Party
Thursday 10 April @ Cafe Cox
Buy the EP here: http://zitakulaband.bandcamp.com
Missed the interview? Watch it here …
At 18:00 tonight we’ll bring you:
- Amsterdam Kitchen: Nic gets some local inspiration for Vietnamese spring rolls
- Imagine Film Festival, a preview w/ artistic director, Chris Oostrom
- Live chat w/ organiser of ReVersed, poetry in film festival
- Jazz singer Anne Chris (pictured) plays from her new album
- … and we’ll even try out some possible new So Dam Local logos onscreen.
Watch on Salto 1 TV (UPC channel 32 or live stream).
Some links from the first official So Dam Local …
- Nic is inspired by a local lebanese chef, Michel Yammine, for our Amsterdam Kitchen spot (foodbymichel.com)
- local novelist Claudio Tapia talks with us live about Amsterdam as a writers’ hub and we’ll show some of his Lit-Cinema project (claudiotapia.com)
- we chat about The Grand Budapest Hotel – out in NL this week. Wes Anderson fans should wet their pants. Special party at the Kritierion to celebrate.
- a report from the new Amsterdam Arrival event organised by the gemeente; internationals getting a warm welcome from the deputy mayor.
- if you’re lucky, you might get a what’s on chaser …
Watch us live at 18:00-19:00 on Salto 1 (UPC channel 32) or online stream at www.salto.nl (may need a plugin).
Presenters Cathy and Nic introduced the concept (with the mics off); a lifestyle show covering local food, film, culture and community. Nicola’s first ever Amsterdam Kitchen report took viewers behind the scenes on Restaurant Day in Amsterdam. Local band, Scarlet were a highlight. With their debut album release the next evening they gave us an acoustic song and chatted with Cathy in the studio about their saucy video, recording with Arctic Monkey’s producer, their half-Caribbean half Dutch origins and more.