It’s getting dark early, the temperature has dropped – it’s the perfect time of the year to experience the magical Amsterdam Light Festival. We took a quick tour to bring some highlights.
For all the info about the festival, go to http://www.amsterdamlightfestival.com
So Dam Local took part in ‘Koken in een andere keuken’ run by Amsterdam Verbindt at the Stoelen Project, a homeless shelter off the Marnixstraat in Amsterdam. The team cooked dinner for 45-50 homeless people and organiser, Hennie Heijmans, popped by to explain more about the scheme and how it connects those who are well off with those in need. This feature was first broadcast on Amsterdam’s Salto 1 TV channel on 18.11.14 on So Dam Local TV show, produced by Stichting Broadcast Amsterdam. Director & Editor: Cathy Leung
Interested in learning a new skill, have an urge to play the ukele or learn SEO? well maybe Konnektid can help, we went to talk to Michel Visser, founder of the new Amsterdam based skills exchange website to see what it was all about and Nicola learnt to play the piano!! Many thanks to Bektash for being so patient. Check out the film and see what is happening in your neighbourhood.
If you missed our live interview with Matthew Curlewis, you can watch it here:
For viewers who’d like any more information on the Brilliance film, here’s the crowd funding video:
and/or visit their crowdfunding Indiegogo page: www.igg.me/at/brilliance only a few days left to help them reach their target …
It’s not often you discover a hidden gem in Amsterdam but The Almatuin in Amsterdam’s Zuidas is certainly one of those. A community garden surrounded by the office buildings of the Zuidas, it is a green oasis in a busy part of the city. Aveen Colgan gave us the background to the garden, why it is so important to the workers and residents of the area and how it is being threatened with paved over. Watch the film and learn how you too could participate.
Here is a little extract from our interview with author Daniel Pembrey which we will be screening in the second season of So Dam Local. Coming very soon!!
Join So Dam Local at 18:00 tonight for:
- Amsterdam Kitchen: ‘Soil to Table’, the start of a mini food series featuring local farmer, Andre.
- ACCESS, a live interview with Exec Director, Deobrah Valentine. We will talk about the support ACCESS gives to internationals in the Netherlands, the Amsterdam courses that are part of the ACCESS network, the approaching June issue of the ACCESS magazine and the new book, Ready Steady, Go Dutch.
- Luisterfink Educational Garden, Part 1: Introducing the garden.
- Taster for a new satirical news show from Greg Shapiro (launch 6 May).
- Film chat: The Railway Man – out in the Dutch cinemas from Thursday.
Watch on Salto 1 (UPC channel 32) or online at Salto.